Exactly 200 years ago (it was August 10th) the new Accademia Galleries were inaugurated and first opened to the public. The director was then Leopoldo Cicognara (1767-1834), art historian, intellectual and collector, in charge of the Galleries since 1808, when Venice was ruled by Napoleon and the seat of the collection was still at the ‘Fonteghetto della Farina’ near St Mark’s Square.
Cycle of Saint Ursula by Vettore Carpaccio, Cycle of San Giovanni Evangelista by G. Bellini, Carpaccio, and Others.
Giovanni Bellini Sacra Conversazione. The Tempest by GiorgioneThe Miracle of the Slave by Tintoretto,
The Banquet in the House of Levi by Paolo Veronese. Titian’s Pieta’
ART CITY WALKS
aff. Network Giv
San Polo 1541
30125 VENICE, ITALY
C.F. e P. Iva 04331170276
Prot. 2016/16140 del 25-2-2016
Polizza Europ Assistance 8957877
Ph./fax +39-041- 2750687, +39-041-5241706, mob. 333-8324539